Saturday, December 12, 2009

Fistulaectomy

Some of you may recall a post I made back in August where I discussed an infection in a localized area upon wish is usually refered to as a descriptive used to talk about donkeys and ending with the word "Hole." While I made some light of it at the time, the problem has not healed after a pair of anti-biotic treatments. I have been informed that this problem must now be rectified through a surgical procedure called a Fistulaectomy. You can google it if you want to, but suffice to say that sharp objects will be inserted to core out flesh where one does not want sharp objects tunneling.


I go for the pre-surgical exam Dec 30th, then the first hospital visit with an overnighter January 7. Just how I wanted to kick off the 2010 New Year's Action. About the only good thing about this will be that the major irritation that this itty-bitty sore spot has been causing me since the end of summer will finally be gone. And that the rest of 2010 can only go up from this.

No comments: