Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Being with Friends

Joel and I met up with our friend Marc/Buzzcut for a very nice dinner last night. Marc moved to Philly from Portland OR, and has been here for a couple of years. He and I have a few friends in common from my travels/book gigs, whom we discussed warmly, and he and Joel talked tech. We also had a great discussion about travelling and the fact that likely 90% of the country never goes abroad. (The would have be me up to a few years ago!)

Dinner was at The 1729 (formally the Lamb Tavern) in Springfield, a fair place that has been aroud as long as its name implies. I had veal parm, Joel and Marc took on the home made meat loaf. We are all satisfied by meal's end, then sat around and chatted for another hour. It was pleasurable to get to interact with a friend outside the confines of work for a change.

Marc gets extra points in that Sophie cat likes him. And me, I really want a ride on his BMW Motorcycle.

No comments: