Friday, December 24, 2010

My Amazon DVD Reviews: "Leslie Jordan: My Trip Down The Pink Carpet"

Leslie Jordan: My Trip Down The Pink CarpetGood Old Southern Boy Makes Good  
4 Out of 5 Stars

Leslie Jordan is probably best known for his role in the play, movie and TV series "Sordid Lives," but he's been making the rounds in Hollywood for over 30 years. "My Trip Down The Pink Carpet" is his one-man show where Jordan delivers anecdotal stories, jokes and zingers about his life. It's highly entertaining, funny, and towards the end, when Jordan goes into the details about his rehab and ongoing sobriety (and how he has found a way to give back), serious.

It's a great deal of fun to watch a man who tells the audience "I fell out of my mother's womb and right into her high heels" describe a life that is gay with a capital G, and makes no bones about it. Certainly, he is preaching to the choir here, but "My Trip Down the Pink Carpet" shows Jordan as a man who survived the Hollywood machine with his wit intact. The stories about Boy George, George Clooney and Marc Harmon are funny and some of his one liners are laugh out loud bulls-eyes. More to the point, the success of this self described "I'm the gayest man I know" is inspirational.




My Trip Down the Pink Carpet Sordid Lives Sordid Lives: The Series Daddy's Dyin'... Who's Got the Will?

No comments: