Thursday, March 29, 2012

My Amazon Reviews: Fun "Some Nights"

Have some Big Fun 
4 Out of 5 Stars

Big, full harmonies, sunny melodies, a twisted sense of humor... It;s hard not to enjoy "Some Nights" by Fun. Ambition to burn, big grandiose production, lyrics that sting a little deeper as you listen, this is an album that aims high. "Some Nights" will thrill old classic rock fans as it echoes their memories of Queen and ELO, at the same time uses modern beats and (although I consider it a drawback) autotune on a few songs.

Fun does a great job in pulling its influences into a full sounding album. I can listen to this and play spot the resource over and over. Even better, I can listen to this disc over and over. The combined influences still ride a pop rail, and "Some Nights" is an early contender in my faves for 2012.




     



1 comment:

Mudcub said...

I agree! And not just because 'Glee' covered one of their songs. I am a huge fan of the their previous band The Format.