Friday, April 16, 2010

Catching Up on The Week

I have not written anything new for a few days as I have been feeling a bit blue. Joel and I went to Warrenton, VA, for the services for my Uncle Rick, which was lovely. He had asked not to be buried, but cremated. His wife and son honored his request, and with his extended family gathered at their farm, we planted a garden in his name.

Each member of the family was asked to bring a plant of some kind, and my Aunt mixed Rick's ashed into the garden soil/mulch. As we, one by one, brought our plants forward, we each said something about a special memory we had about Rick. The ceremony concluded with Aunt Sharon and my cousin Sean planting a weeping cherry tree as the centerpiece. The garden is below the main window that overlooks the property, so Rick will always be looking across the fields he would normally see from his living room. It was a very touching and moving service.

The good thing was that he was home at the time of his death, with Sharon and Sean by his side. They were watching "My Fair Lady," which was his favorite movie. I am pretty much back to normal again, and will resume my 365 Blogger Project (reviewing my CD collection one disc at a time) soon.

No comments: