Thursday, February 11, 2010

Tim 3. Snow 1

So far this winter, we've had 4 days of significant storming. Yesterday was blizzard conditions and made for harrowing driving. Philadelphia broke the record for a seasonal snowfall with the additional 18 inches in this storm to a 70+ inches. That's with 4 more weeks of Winter to go.

For the first three of those, I was able to get my car out and make it to TLA for work. Yesterday conditions got so bad that TLA sent me home at 1, which was a good thing. By 2, three of the main interstate arteries were ordered closed (which included I-476, the "Blue Route," which is necessary for me to get home). Today, Mother Nature finally won. There was too much snow in the driveway and a good 2 foot high pile of plow push at the end of the driveway. There was no way I would be able to clear this much in a timely manner, so I called out. Here's a few shots from around lunch time.
    

I finally got the area cleaned out by about 2. Then I tried to get to a post office, turns out they were all closed! So Joel and I decided to stay in and do Netflix. Today's selections were "Inglorious Basterds" (violent and talky; typical Tarantino) and the cult Korean Suspense film "Old-boy" (better than I suspected). And then tonight in the 5 day forecast? More snow on Monday.

No comments: