Monday, January 11, 2010

So...who wants to see my scars?

Thanks to everyone for their well wishes and good karma over the past few days. The surgery went without incident and the fistula was removed. I have not done much else than sleep, nibble, and watch DVD's (Mad Menand District 9, which are both terrific). Joel has been an absolute angel through all of this, making sure I get all my meds at the right times. I am still sore and VERY cranky, even with the help of Demerol.

Nice Sophie Cat note. Wednesday night, before going to bed, she jumped up on the covers and curled up next to me. Normally she does this with the twin demands of attention and petting, but this time she just snuggled up and stayed with me while I was resting.  She's been very attentive since I've been home, as well.


The aftermath has not been fun. Any time in the bathroom is worse than a Spanish Inquisition, and the safe word is not Auughh!, no matter how many times I yell it. Sitting has its own unique challenges, as does trying to find a comfortable position to sleep. I have devloped new-found appreciations for Aloe-Wipes and Gator Ade, and a another confirmation that catheters just ain't my thing. Especially after having one in me for 12 hours. Dr Kitty doesn't approve.

No comments: