Monday, January 18, 2010

Happy and Home

Happy and home from a delightful weekend at MAL, DC. The guys from Grey Rose Video once again offered space at their booth to share, and the array of books was laid out. It's always nice to watch the ebb and flow of attendees scoot by, and since we were located in the hallway between the two main vendor rooms this year, everyone had to pass me at least once. The other fun thing is to see friends. The semi-well Mudcub and the hopefully germ free Thor across the popped by for a quick chat before utterly vanishing for the rest of the weekend. But not fast enough for me to hand off an hour's worth of obscure/out-of-print early 80's singles I'd burned for Mud, the track list of which was as follows:

She Sheila - The Producers LP: You Make the Heat 
Boardwalk Beauty - The Elektrics LP:  Current Events 
Suspicion - Scott Wilk + The Walls LP: Scott Wilk + The Walls  
Break Away - Big Pig  LP: Bonk  
She - Colourfield LP: Terry Hall: The Collection 
Bad Guy's Winnin' - D B Cooper  LP: Dangerorus Curves 
Girls! Girls! Girls! - The Cretones LP: Snap! Snap! 
Stuck In The Rain - Paul Hyde And The Payolas LP: Here's The World For Ya 
The Shapes Of Things To Come - The Headboys LP:  The Headboys  
Back of my Hand (US Single) - The Jags LP: The Best Of The Jags 
Waiting For The Night - The Pop LP: Go! 
Let Me Go - The Rings LP:  The Rings  
Christabelle - The Sorrows LP:  Love Too Late 
Takin' Her Back - Paul Warren LP: One Of The Kids 
Love Stealer - The Scooters LP: Blue Eyes 
Out In California - Yipes! LP: Yipes 
Out of Mind Out Of Sight - The Models LP: Out Of Mind Out Of Sight

And despite the fact that we'd crossed paths often enough, I got a neighborly formal introduction to the dapper wescobear and his travelling companion, Otter J. (who is as handsome as WB often describes). I am always happy to meet folks that actually live nearby, and it turns out the Otter and I grew up in realtive close proximity in Dutch country.

Had some nice meetings after the vendor mart with friends for two dinners, one at a steak club and the second at The Playbill. I am still eating cautiously in the aftermath of the surgery, but recovering nicely. I am headed back to work after giving up the tough-guy routine. I originally thought I could go back into the call center four days after the docs took a part of my backside out, but this was way more exhausting than I thought. After going to work Monday last week, I came home and got ill. Joel and my friend Dr Reeves leaned on me to call out for the week, and they didn't have to lean hard. And having a Dr Friend with a presecription pad helps get the medicines that really do the job, so to speak. Alas, as much as I wish I could zone out for a few more days, I've now shot half my year's vacation. Back to the grind. Here's a little New Wave to start to week.


No comments: