Tuesday, October 15, 2013

My Amazon Reviews: Trio "Da Da Da Da"

Trios and Errors
3 Out Of 5 Stars

When I picked this up in 1997, I just felt lucky that Volkswagon had re-popularized "Da Da Da Da" enough to force a reissue of some of Trio's music from the early 80's LPs "Trio and Error" and "Bye Bye" on to CD. The memorable stuff is here, which means "Da Da," "Boom Boom," "Anna" and "Hearts are Trump." They also do an outrageously fun cover of "Tutti Frutti." These guys were minimalists from the starting gate; Trio was drums and guitar (with an occasional keyboard played single finger style) and sung in German and phonetically enhanced English. I still love the simplistic fun of the main single and "Boom Boom."

The reason I drop this to three stars is that there are several digital skips in (thankfully) some of the lesser songs, most conspicuously in "Out In The Streets." It's basically a quality control issue. I would recommend the since released "Triologie."

     

No comments: