Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Sophie Cat (and I) need your help.

2012 is already turning into the horror movie 2011 was. Shortly after Christmas (while I was in DC tending to Joel's father after a cancer surgery), Joel told me Sophie had stopped eating. We thought it might be separation anxiety, but when I got home I was able to see a dramatically visible weight loss. I took her to the vet the next morning (New Years' Eve) and the Dr x-rayed her. She discovered clouds around her upper chest, indicative of fluid build up. The Dr immediately sent me to a pet referral center for an ultrasound, and fluid test.

These confirmed our worst fears. Sophie has Cancer. The swelling from the fluid was constricting her esophagus, making it difficult to eat. My lovable little furball of eight years, who has given me unconditional love and comfort, is going to leave us. The best we can offer her is bi-weekly steroid shots to keep the fluids and tumor sizes at a minimum. I am devastated.

However, in just three trips to the two vets, I've racked up bills coming up just short of $1,000. It is very difficult for me to ask this of my friends and fellow bloggers, but I am entering my second year of unemployment and this is a serious financial blow in addition to the emotional one. If there is any way some of you would be willing to pitch in anything (even a few dollars) via paypal, it would mean a lot to me.

If this offends anyone, I apologize.

I am just at a loss as to anyway else to get past this. Thank you in advance.

Tim




No comments: