Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Passings: Michael Gallagher

My Uncle Mike succumbed to the Cancer that has been in him for almost 5 years late Tuesday. Father, Brother, Grandfather, Uncle, great friend. That's his oldest grandkid. He leaves behind three daughters and three garndchildren, the newest of which was born in June. His wife Carole passed in 2000. To me, Uncle Mike was an inspiration. I ran for Class President in High School after he won a City Council seat in the mid-seventies.


I have a movie shoot in Austin this weekend. It's gonna be tough. This is the second family member to have died this year, following my Uncle Rick in April and Uncle Mike is the first of the Gallagher brothers and sisters (my Mom's side of the family) to leave us.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Timmy,
Sorry to hear this. Yet though he is gone, he will live long in your thoughts and reflect in your own life.
Dave