Sunday, October 4, 2009

The Seven Year Itch


Last night, Joel and I celebrated our 7th anniversary. It hardly seems that long, but so much has happened that it also seems like a lifetime. We celebrated by hitting Outback for steaks and a Blooming Onion. I surprised him with flowers, and we shared the fruits of his favorite new toy, a home-made ice cream machine. First successful flavor; Rum Raisin. Yum. The picture was us when we were just getting to know each other in 2002.


Then we took in Saturday Night Live. I was a bit brought down to see that President Obama's lack of activity has reached SNL, with the opening sketch being a biting rundown of the first year campaign promises not yet achieved. Hell, Fred Armistead barely even bothered with his dead-on campaign impersonation of Obama. He just looked like Fred with a short wig. The skit would have been funnier had it not been so sadly on target.


Sunday was a day for both of us to catch up on projects. We are both taking classes and each have homework. This is something I am not used to! I also needed to do an update to my website (http://www.timbrough.com/) to add David Stein's two new books for sale. (There will be a fresh post on that soon.) Joel and I took a break to watch a low-key gay thriller, "The Night Listener." Robin Williams can still give good creepy, but the movie was a bit too drawn out for my tastes.


Tomorrow, back to work and class.

No comments: